black cat blues - the panther epilogues, a recollection of the second sleep or
convallaria majalis, puppet to master, master to marionette:
- intoxicate me.
- you know d-d-dolly, there are no obstacles for mindless runaways like me and you
we own nothing but the slight tremor in a worn out chest, a small collection of
unpolished thoughts, we owe to no one but the night
- the burden that is my calling, the indolence aligned with my sin.
- at any given moment we can simply pick up our trash, heave ourselves up by the roots and walk out of the
royal gardens, my puppet my gypsy queen, unhinged from our strings we are barely more than the
simplest compound, any turbid fluid.
- you are a clown, master, a jagged fool.
- dolly my dolly, do not ever let those
filthy hands come near you, do not let them caress you with such vial untruths
- at the final hour, my ridiculous master, when everything is everlastingly lost, for the price of freedom
any limb can be sold, yours and mine and your next door neighbours’,
nothing can live unless something dies, sorrows to be shredded.
- the frozen ponds, dive my dolly dive.
- oceans burning, ripping hunger, to stay, to stand, to linger
- hide my dolly hide, the times are changing and you mustn’t lose track,
the highway hunters - unruly, untied, do not ever let them a glimpse of your innocence.
- paranoia like radioactive decay. in the cheapest hotels under stolen names,
the brick wall sleep induced by barbiturates
- run my dolly run, think of me and think of smoke screens,
confusion by constant movement
slow dance tender hands, anything to allure them.
- my people is getting impatient, master, they have heard of your plans:
rented rooms, sensuous melodies leaking out of poisonous pipes, seductive voices dripping
from the ceiling, softness soaking into any soulless object, into me, they are everywhere, master,
your queen has been abducted.
fragments of faceless lives hung like nonsensical ornaments above the chapel doors
drunken mornings, dim glacial light making every word translucent.
i shall find you, my r, through dawn and dusk we shall remain.